Monday, January 18, 2010

Some songs I like

It has been noted that I don't really discuss my music preferences*. Below are ten songs I'm really into right now:
  1. Dresden Dolls, "Mandy Goes to Med School"
  2. Tom Waits, "Tango Till They're Sore"
  3. Iggy Pop, "King of the Dogs" (fantastic video)
  4. Amanda Palmer, "Oasis" (great video)
  5. The Bird and the Bee, "Man"
  6. Jesca Hoop, "Silverscreen"
  7. Jill Tracy, "Evil Night Together"
  8. Tom Waits, "Jockey Full of Bourbon"
  9. The Bird and the Bee, "Polite Dance Song" (amazing video)
  10. Alice Smith, "Woodstock"
Side note: I want to learn improvisational jazz on piano. I would consider myself to be an intermediate pianist. (I previously played for 10+ years but haven't really played for the last six...) Any advice?

* This might have started in college when my roommates made fun of me for listening to a lot 90's music (Everclear, Third Eye Blind, and gangsta rap)...

No comments: