Friday, June 02, 2006

syntax highlighting

i must say, syntax highlighting is going to make my summer about 100 times better. yes, i am easily satisfied; yes, i like pretty colors; yes, my summer was going to be that bad. for those of you who don't know, syntax highlighting for code is when they color different kinds of statements different colors--for instance, they will color "if," "print," etc. statements yellow, literal strings pink, etc. if you don't program, this probably does not mean much to you. ever since i found out not only how to highlight my code, but also how to adjust the colors to the ones i want, i have been incredibly, incredibly happy. my window at present is dark gray with very light blue text. my red is a pale salmon color; my yellow is a soft pastel. ah, the small joys of life...

No comments: